Calm - Techniques for Meditate, Sleep, Relax AppCalm is the leading app for meditation and sleep. Join the millions experiencing lower stress, less anxiety, and more restful sleep with our guided meditations, Sleep Stories, breathing programs, masterclasses, and relaxing music. Recommended by top psychologists, therapists, and mental health experts.
Calm is the perfect mindfulness app for beginners, but also includes hundreds of programs for intermediate and advanced users.
Guided meditation sessions are available in lengths of 3, 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 minutes so you can choose the perfect length to fit with your schedule. Topics include:
- Calming Anxiety
- Managing Stress
- Deep Sleep
- Focus and Concentration
- Breaking Habits
- Body Scan
- Commuting to work or school
- Mindfulness at College
- Mindfulness at Work
- Walking meditation
- Calm Kids
- And so much more...
- An original Daily Calm every day: a new 10-minute program added daily to help ease you into the day or unwind with before bed
- 100+ Sleep Stories: adult bedtime stories guaranteed to lull you to sleep
- 7 and 21 day programs for both beginner and advanced users
- Life-changing Calm Masterclasses taught by world-renowned experts
- Breathing exercises to help you relax
- Exclusive music engineered to help you focus, relax or sleep
- Unguided timed meditation
- Open-ended meditation
- 30+ soothing nature sounds and scenes to use during meditation, yoga or to help you sleep
Track your progress with:
- Daily streaks
- Time spent meditating
Our attention is pulled in more than a dozen directions daily. It can be hard to find time to relax or justify doing so when you have so much on your plate during a typical day.
Meanwhile, if you're like the vast majority of multi-taskers, your smartphone or tablet is probably never out of reach. Why not make the most of it and use it for something other than checking your email for the umpteenth time in 15 minutes?
Believe it or not, these devices do offer apps to help you relax, de-stress and reduce anxiety for a change. Busy as you are, these can help slow you down even if you only have a few minutes to spare-waiting at carpool, in line at the bank, or just a brief time you set aside for your own mental health when it feels like the day is spinning out of control.
1. Breathe2Relax (free). Breathe2Relax help you practice diaphragmatic breathing, with a video demonstration of and even a breathing timer you set yourself to achieve the maximum impact of deep inhaling/exhaling. There's also a lot of great information about the biology of stress, its consequences and coping mechanisms.
How it helps: Diaphragmatic (belly) breathing helps calm the body and focus the mind. This app walks you through everything you need to know to practice the technique incorporate it into your daily stress management.
2. T2Mood Tracker (free). T2Mood Tracker allows you to rate how you're feeling in areas including anxiety, depression and general well-being at any given time during the day.
How it helps: Sometimes just acknowledging that you're feeling anxious, sad, lonely or experiencing other painful emotions can bring some relief-you're not crazy, but you are suffering, and healthy to be aware of it.
It can also charts your mood over time, so it can help identify triggers for stress or depression. Meanwhile, if you are in counseling and your therapist asks about your feelings over the past week, you can give a more reliable answer than just relying on your memory.
3. Take a Break! (free). This app requires a little more privacy-but not much more time-than some of the other apps mentioned here. Just choose one of two meditation programs ("work break" or "stress release"), plug in some ear phones, close the door and your eyes as a narrator quietly guides you through several steps of meditation.
How it helps: When you're busy and feel like you have a world of responsibilities on your shoulders, this app helps remind you that you're entitled to take a moment for yourself. And the steps it outlines can be effective in bringing calm and perspective into a hectic day.
4. Relax Melodies HD (free, with paid upgrades available). Relax Melodies is self-explanatory, with almost 50 calming sounds to choose from, including several choices among nature, music, and others like "Zen" and "white noise."
How it helps: It instantly transforms your environment, making it possible to remember that there is a world outside of your office, chaotic household or even 5 o'clock traffic. (Tip: users say Relax Melodies is also an excellent sleep aid.) The $2.99 upgrade offers additional sound options and removes the ads, though the ads are easily enough ignored unless you're staring at the screen.
5. Calm.com (free, with paid upgrades available). Calm.com offer seven guided relaxation sessions from 2-30 minutes. Topics include: posture, mindset, mind/body connection, and breathing. Premium programs are also available with varied prices, mostly around $1/month. These include programs focused on anxiety, confidence, creativity, energy, focus, and sleep.
How it helps: Calm.com emphasizes a no-pressure approach to learning the steps, with a guiding voice that assures the user it can be hard to find calm at first when we're accustomed to living life in high-alert mode.
Try a few of these and see if there's one you particularly enjoy so you'll be more likely to keep with it. Whether it's helping you be mindful of your breathing, slowing your thoughts or just going through the steps of a simple relaxation exercise, I encourage you to find some time for yourself today that is just for you to relax. It's totally worth it!
calm app cost, calm app free, calm app for teachers, calm app discount, calm app price, calm app subscription, calm app coupon, calm app anxiety, the calm app free, the calm app reviews, the calm app download, the calm app free trial, calm app download, calm app description, calm app for sleep, calm app google play, calm app hack, calm app is it free, 7 days of calm, baby sleep music, best free meditation apps, best free meditation apps 2018, best meditation app, best mindfulness apps, calm, calm app, calm app cost, calm app discount 2019, calm app family sharing, calm app for mac, calm app for teachers, calm app of the year, calm app playlist, calm app pricing, calm app reviews, calm app stories, calm app subscribers, calm app subscription discount, calm app subscription options, calm app unlock code, calm customer service, calm for teachers, calm free month, calm lifetime subscription discount, calm meditation, calm meditation app, calm premium apk, calm premium different prices, calm premium free, calm premium vs calm subscription, calm pronunciation, calm sleep stories, calm subscription discount, calm subscription refund, calm subscription vs premium, calm subscription worth it, calm vs headspace, calm vs headspace reddit, calming music, daily calm, does the calm app cost money, download the mindfulness app, free meditation apps, guided meditation, guided sleep meditation, headspace, headspace meditation, insight timer meditation, keep calm app, meditate, meditation, meditation apps, meditation apps for anxiety, meditation music, meditation programme, mindfulness, mindfulness app, mindfulness meditation, mindfulness meditation app, music to sleep by, music to sleep to, relaxation apps, relaxation meditation, relaxing music, relaxing sleep music, share calm subscription, simple habit premium apk, sleep meditation, sleep meditation music, sleep music, sleep sounds, soothing music, the mindfulness app