NativeScript + Angular: Build Native iOS, Android &
Signup to Download
Signup to Download
Use one Angular + NativeScript codebase to build native iOS, Android and web apps and learn NativeScript from scratch.
What you'll learn
- Build real native mobile apps for iOS and Android with web technologies and the Angular framework
- Share code to build a web app AND native apps from one and the same codebase
- Learn how to use the NativeScript ecosystem and features
- Optional: Angular - A Quick Refresher
- Setting Up the Development Environment
- Understanding the Basics
- Diving Into App Navigation
- Styling our App
- Adding Forms
- Understanding State
- Storing Data on the Backend
- Adding Authentication to our App
- Deploying our App
- Code Sharing
- Solid Angular knowledge is a must-have (How it works, dependency injection, Angular app structure)
- NO prior NativeScript knowledge is required
With Angular, you can already build highly reactive and engaging web apps.
Wouldn't it be amazing to use that same tech stack and knowledge to build real native mobile apps for iOS and Android?
NativeScript enables you to do exactly that!
You build a normal Angular app and manage your entire app logic via Angular + TypeScript. Combine that with NativeScript's TypeScript/ Angular modules and the strong NativeScript build system to generate Android and iOS apps which you can (and will in this course) deploy to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
But even better than that: You're also able to use that same "Native App with Angular" codebase to build a regular web app out of it as well.
1 codebase, 3 kinds of apps. Pretty sweet!
In this course, you'll learn:
- What exactly NativeScript is and how it works
- Which core building block a NativeScript app has
- How to build nice user interfaces with NativeScript layouts and UI widgets
- How to add mobile navigation (forward-backward, tabs, side drawer) in a NativeScript app
- How to style your app with CSS (yes, the mobile app, too!)
- How to fetch user input
- How to handle state and data in the app (incl. storage on the device)
- How to send data to a server and fetch it from there
- How to implement authentication
- AND: How to do all that in a way that works in both native mobile apps as well as a web app - with one and the same codebase
A brief refresher on some Angular core concepts is provided but if you got zero Angular knowledge, you'll very likely not be able to follow along.
You absolutely DON'T have to be an expert though!
I'd love to welcome you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Web developers who want to build native mobile apps, too
- Developers who want to use one codebase for three kinds of apps